- What is Blue Link? Why do you need Blue Link?
Blue Link is Hyundai's innovative telematics solution that combines safety, service and infotainment into a complete package. It works to both help simplify Hyundai owners' lives and reduce distracted driving.
- What do each of the Blue Link buttons do?
Press the Blue Link "b" button for access to the voice-response menu of service. Press the center button for Enhanced Navigation services. Press the "SOS" button for SOS Emergency Assistance. A detailed list of commands are also available in the Blue Link User's Manual.
- What vehicles will offer Blue Link?
Blue Link launched on the 2012 Sonata, Sonata Hybrid and Veloster. Blue Link is now available on the following 2013 models: Sonata, Sonata Hybrid, Veloster, Veloster Turbo, Azera, Genesis Coupe, Elantra GT Santa Fe Sport, Santa Fe, Genesis, and 2014 Equus. Blue Link will continue to roll out across all models over the next couple of years.
- How do I sign up for Blue Link?
Your local Hyundai dealership can assist you in the enrollment process during your vehicle purchase. You can also sign up for Blue Link on MyHyundai.com. Simply click "REGISTER" or login to your current account and add your VIN to My Vehicles.
- What is Hyundai Assurance Connected Care?
Hyundai Assurance Connected Care comes standard with new Blue Link-equipped Hyundai vehicles starting May 16, 2013. Assurance Connected Care includes 3 years of the Blue Link Assurance package which includes safety and car care features such as SOS Emergency Assistance, Monthly Vehicle Health Reports and Maintenance Alerts.
- Do I need to use a credit card to enroll in Blue Link?
A credit card is not required to enroll to the Assurance package. By signing up for auto-renewal with a credit card, you will ensure you do not lose services after the complementary 3-year period of Assurance ends. To enroll for Essentials & Guidance and receive the risk-free 3-month trial, a credit card is required at time of enrollment.
- How can I pay for my Blue Link subscription?
Blue Link is currently able to process payments by credit card for the annual subscription fees.
- When will my credit card be charged if I select auto-renewal and enroll in Essentials & Guidance? How much?
Your credit card will be charged at the end of your risk-free trial period. As a courtesy toward the end of your trial period, you will be reminded that your credit card will be charged for auto-renewal of your Blue Link Packages and the applicable amount. For package pricing, please refer to HyundaiBlueLink.com and select "Get Blue Link" to view pricing.
- Will my credit card be charged if I select to purchase additional years of service when I enroll?
Yes, your credit card will be immediately charged if you select to purchase additional years of service at enrollment.
- Why should I purchase additional years of service at time of enrollment?
Purchasing additional years of service at time of enrollment allows you to purchase at a discounted rate. Please see discount pricing during enrollment on MyHyundai.com. Plus, you get the security and convenience of Blue Link for additional time without any interruption in service.
- How do you access and use Daily Route Guidance?
Log into MyHyundai.com and select "Navigation" under the Blue Link tab. Then select "Daily Route Guidance." Enter your start address and destination, then click "Get Route" Select “Save Route" and you will be able to access the route from your vehicle.
- How do you access a Point of Interest (POI) in the vehicle once you have sent it from the web or mobile app?
For vehicles equipped with a navigation system, Press the “info” button (hard button) and select “Download POI” on the touchscreen. For vehicles without a navigation system, the POI will be available on the LCD screen when you enter the vehicle.
- Are there a la carte options for Blue Link services?
No, Blue Link is bundled in three, easy-to-use packages that offer an extensive value.
- What smartphones are compatible with the Blue Link Mobile App?
Your performance will vary depending on your device operating software, device firmware, service carrier, and any user modifications (i.e., third-party operating software). Please check back often as the list of certified device configurations will be continuously updated.
- What vehicle features do I need to have access to Remote Start, and how long will the vehicle run after starting?
Your vehicle must be equipped with push button start and either automatic or EcoShift Dual Clutch Transmission to operate the Remote Start feature from the Blue Link Mobile App. The vehicle engine will run for up to 10 minutes and automatically turn off if you do not enter the vehicle with the smart key fob.
- Why would Remote Vehicle Start not execute?
Preconditions for Remote Vehicle Start are found in the Blue Link User's Manual. Remember that the vehicle doors must be locked, security system armed, hood and trunks closed, gearshift lever is in Park (P) position, and the vehicle is located in an open area.
- Why do the hazard lights flash on my vehicle when I use Remote Vehicle Start?
The blinking lights are a visual indicator and precaution to you and others that the vehicle engine is running. The parking lights will blink until the vehicle is turned off or until you enter the vehicle with the smart key fob for continued vehicle operation.
- What is Car Finder and how do you use this feature?
The Car Finder feature is located within the Blue Link Mobile App. This feature allows you to find your vehicle on a map if you are within a 1-mile radius of your vehicle, and gives you the ability to save your vehicle's location for future reference. To activate Car Finder via Blue Link Mobile App, select "Destination/Send to Car" menu option. Then select "Car Finder." You will be prompted to search or tag a new location. You will need to be enrolled in Essentials to have access to this feature.
- How does Enhanced Roadside Assistance work?
Enhanced Roadside Assistance works in conjunction with your vehicle's Hyundai Assurance 24/7 Roadside Assistance coverage and will provide the GPS coordinates for your vehicle when making a Roadside Assistance call from inside the vehicle using the Blue Link button.
- How does Stolen Vehicle Immobilization involve the police?
The Blue Link Customer Care Agent works together with the police and triggers the vehicle to be slowed down and immobilized once the trailing officers give the instruction to Blue Link Customer Care to immobilize the vehicle.
- What do I do if I forget my PIN?
If you forget your PIN, call 855-2BlueLink. You can also change your PIN on MyHyundai.com under "Preferences."
- Why am I receiving an error message when accessing the Blue Link pages in Safari?
When accessing the Blue Link page within MyHyundai.com using Safari, check your settings to confirm that your "Accept Cookies" setting is set to "Always." Below are sample instructions for the iPad: 1. Open Safari Settings 2. Select "Accept Cookies" menu 3. Change setting from "From Visited" or "Never" to "Always"
- Where can I get a copy of the Blue Link User's Manual?
Log into MyHyundai.com under the Blue Link tab. The manual is located on the right-hand side of the page and is listed as "User's Manual." You can then download a PDF version of the User's Manual.
- Where can I find the status of my subscription and package expiration date?
Log into MyHyundai.com and select "My Vehicles" to view status of your subscription and package expiration date.
- If I have questions about Blue Link features and services, what number should I call? Is there email available?
If you have any questions about Blue Link, please call Blue Link Customer Care at (855) 225-8354. You can also email the Blue Link Call Center at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What kind of warranty coverage will Blue Link have?
Blue Link equipment will be covered under the 5-Year/60,000-Mile New Vehicles Limited Warranty.
- Is there a limit to the number of times I can contact Blue Link?
No, you can contact Blue Link as often as you like. You can access Blue Link in the car, from your smartphone, or from a computer at your home or office.
- What is the Monthly Vehicle Health Report?
Monthly Vehicle Health Report contains useful information about your car. It reports any problems and summarizes performance over the month.
- Will I need my cell phone to be able to use Blue Link's features?
Blue Link is an embedded system, which means that you will be able to use most of the features without the need to have your cell phone in the car. However, some functions are enhanced with your cell phone through the mobile application.
- Will Blue Link be available as an aftermarket accessory?
No. At this time, Blue Link is being launched as part of the standard equipment of the vehicles.