MANY ROADS TO POWER
Select from the 3.8L V6 and the 5.0L 429-hp V8. This high-performance V8 is at the heart of the Genesis 5.0 R-Spec, which offers more horsepower than the 2013 Lexus GS 350 and 2013 Mercedes-Benz E550.
8-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
In just a few years, Genesis engines have received awards and acclaim for their design, power and sophistication. And now these engines are matched with an 8-speed SHIFTRONIC® automatic transmission that handles every driving situation with unobtrusive ease.
RESPECT THE 5.0 R-SPEC
For the R-Spec, we started with the high-performance 5.0L Tau V8, then added a sport-tuned suspension, 19-inch premium machine-finish alloy wheels. Distinctive headlights with dark chrome inserts plus R-Spec badging on the exterior of the vehicle and the floor mats complete the transformation.
HIGH-OUTPUT 3.8L V6
If having more standard horsepower than other luxury competitors’ V6 engines appeals to you, then read on. With 333 hp on tap, the Genesis 3.8L V6 offers plenty of power for making miles of interstate disappear or passing on two-lane roads. Once again, Gasoline Direct Injection is at the heart of this engine’s ability to generate smooth, efficient acceleration.
- Rear-wheel drive
- Front suspension: Multi-link (5 link)
- Rear suspension: Multi-link (5 link)
- Body construction: Unibody
- Available sport-tuned suspension
- Ventilated/solid disc brakes, front and rear
- Standard V6 and two available V8 engines
- Standard 8-speed automatic transmission
CREATING A MORE ELEGANT FORM
Several visual elements including the front grille, bumpers, headlights and tail lights give the 2013 Genesis a more authoritative presence on the road. Creating a flowing design that is progressive yet timeless. Powerful yet elegant.
A LEADING EDGE THAT DRAWS ATTENTION
Unique LED headlight accents flank a large lower grille and sit above a substantial front bumper. The result gives the Genesis an aggressive look.
DYNAMIC IN PROFILE
The side mirrors offer a power-folding feature and convenient integrated approach lights that illuminate the ground as you enter and exit the vehicle. Just below the doors, a lower side panel adds to the dynamic flow of the design.
STUDY ITS SLEEK REAR DESIGN
Considering all of the power that its engine generates, this is a view of the Genesis most of the world will remember. Here, you will notice LED tail lights and dual exhaust tips which are integrated into a design that adds a sleek finishing touch.
- Automatic Projector-type halogen headlights with chrome bezel
- Available automatic self-leveling HID headlights
- Front fog lights
- Proximity Key entry
- Available 19-inch, 10-spoke premium machined finish alloy wheels
- Dual power heated side mirrors w/turn signal indicators and approach lights
- Acoustic-laminated windshield and front side glass
- Available rain-sensing windshield wipers and auto-defogging windshield
A PLACE OF COMFORTING CALM
The supremely comfortable and voluminous space inside the Genesis sedan is what makes people look for reasons to take their car, take the scenic route or even enjoy the drive to work, regardless of the traffic.
ALL THINGS AUDIO
And for those times when quiet just won’t cut it, the Genesis gives you options. Power up the available 528-watt Lexicon® 7.1 Discrete Surround Sound Audio System with 17 speakers, and experience the most sophisticated audio system in the Genesis’s class. Connecting music sources to the audio system is a snap with standard iPod®/USB and auxiliary input jacks and a power outlet located in the center console box.
TWO WAYS TO NAVIGATE
Two available navigation systems feature either a 7-inch touchscreen or a Multimedia Controller and Driver Information System (DIS) with an 8-inch display. Both systems have a text-to-speech feature, a 90-day trial of SiriusXM Satellite Radio with NavTraffic and display images from the rearview camera when backing up.
PREMIUM SEATING FOR ALL
Comfort that transcends the journey and helps you arrive refreshed starts with the standard heated driver seat. Give your passengers the same level of comfort with heated front and rear passenger seats, too.
- Heated front seats
- Available cooled driver seat and heated rear seats
- Power windows, door locks and side mirrors
- Available tilt-and-slide glass sunroof
- Leather seating surfaces
- Available ultra premium leather seating surfaces
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone system
- Available navigation system with 8-inch touchscreen
- Available Integrated Memory System (IMS) for driver seat, side mirrors and steering column
ADVANCED SAFETY TECHNOLOGY
An ultra-high-strength unibody, eight airbags and a full complement of advanced technology safety features help keep you secure on the road.
LANE DEPARTURE WARNING SYSTEM
When vehicle speed exceeds 43 mph, this available driver assistance technology monitors the position of the vehicle in the lane. If the system detects movement out of the lane without use of a turn signal, a warning light and chime are activated, enabling the driver to reposition the car.
SMART CRUISE CONTROL
This feature removes much of the frustration when a car moves into your lane in front of you, forcing you to change your cruise control settings. When Smart Cruise Control (SCC) is engaged, the driver can select a distance to be maintained from the vehicle in front. A radar sensor is located in the front bumper to judge the distance of cars ahead. When it detects a vehicle, it automatically slows the Genesis down, then maintains speed to return to the preset distance between vehicles.
ADAPTIVE FRONT LIGHTING SYSTEM
(COPY) See and be seen wherever you go. Brilliant features such as the Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFLS) increase visibility and safety. This system adjusts the path of the headlights to match the turning angle and direction of the vehicle for optimal illumination in turns.
- Advanced dual front airbags
- Front side-impact airbags
- Side-curtain airbags
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Available Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)