Save money on energy drinks
Exciting to the eye. Exhilarating on the road. Designed wide and low to the ground, Veloster, Veloster Turbo and R-Spec are purpose-built to be driven. Available sport-tuned suspensions, lightweight alloy wheels, and potent turbocharged engines ensure there’ll never be a dull moment.
Veloster’s 1.6L GDI engine is efficient with up to 132 horsepower and up to an EPA-estimated 35 MPG Highway.* The Veloster Turbo and Turbo R-Spec also use GDI technology plus a twin-scroll turbo to generate 201 horsepower for best-in-class power-to-weight ratio** while still delivering up to an EPA-estimated 33 MPG Highway.***2017 Veloster Base: 27 City/34 Hwy/30 Combined M/T and 28 City/35 Hwy/31 Combined DCT. 2017 Veloster Value Edition: 28 City/35 Hwy/31 Combined DCT. 2017 Veloster Turbo: 25 City/33 Hwy/28 Combined M/T and 26 City/32 Hwy/ 29 Combined DCT. 2017 Veloster Turbo R-Spec: 25 City/33 Hwy/28 Combined M/T. EPA estimates. For comparison only. Your actual mileage may vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits and vehicle's condition.
**Claim based on comparison of specifications on manufacturer websites.
Turbo R-Spec performance mods
At the core of the Veloster Turbo R-Spec are features that put you in touch with the road and maximize vehicle performance. The 201-hp twin-scroll turbocharged engine is at the top of a features list that includes a B&M Racing® Sport Shifter and sport-tuned suspension with higher spring rates at each wheel.
A modified front suspension, featuring gas-filled hydraulic monotube shock absorbers, delivers a sportier ride, while the Motor-Driven Power Steering (MDPS) has been tuned for increased steering response. A large front stabilizer bar reduces body roll and improves handling and control on the curves.
- 1.6-liter GDI DOHC 4-cylinder engine with D-CVVT
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
- Front suspension: Independent MacPherson struts with coil springs
- Rear suspension: Torsion axle with coil springs
- Body construction: Steel unibody
- Available twin-scroll turbocharged 1.6-liter GDI DOHC 4-cylinder engine
- Available 6-speed EcoShift® Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with paddle shifters on Veloster
- Available 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with paddle shifters on Veloster Turbo
- Available Torque Vectoring Control (TVC)
Here’s your opening
We designed the Veloster to stand out and that’s exactly what it does. With vivid color options, a unique 3-door design and its long list of premium features, you’re going to love looking at it as much as you love driving it. While the Turbo and Turbo R-Spec give you even greater visual impact with their distinctive front grille and bodykit designs.
Make the most of your own personal safety features: your eyes and ears. When you engage reverse gear, the standard rearview camera sends a live feed to the 7-inch touchscreen in the center console. Superimposed guides aid in backing up while available rear parking sensors on the Veloster Turbo alert you to help you avoid obstacles.
Soak up the view above
Get the big picture. The available panoramic sunroof improves your view to the top, and with the touch of a finger, transforms the comfortable cabin by filling it with air, energy and light.
A dozen duffels? Several snowboards? A mountain bike? The Veloster’s convenient hatch and a split fold-down rear seatback give you versatility and space for whatever kind of gear you want to feed it.
- Dual manual-folding heated power side mirrors
- Front fog lights
- Driver’s blind spot mirror
- Headlights with LED accents
- Automatic headlights
- Rear spoiler with LED brake light
- Dual centered chrome-tipped exhaust
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Available 18-inch alloy wheels with painted inserts
The sport-bike-inspired dash makes the Veloster a standout. The Veloster Turbo adds leather seating surfaces with Turbo embossing and heated front seats. No matter which Veloster you choose, you’ll enjoy best-in-class interior space* and loads of tech features.*Claim based on comparison of specifications on manufacturer websites.
A Standard 7-inch multimedia touchscreen with Apple CarPlay™ support and Android Auto™.
Some people were just meant for the big screen. Access all of your information and entertainment options via Veloster’s standard multimedia LCD touchscreen that measures 7 inches with rearview camera. Plus, Veloster also comes with the tech you want. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support are standard.*Availability comparison based on specifications on manufacturer websites
Dimension® Premium Audio
Finally, an audio system that sounds great and is up to the challenge of playing along with your life. The Dimension AM/FM/SiriusXM/CD/MP3 audio system* delivers plenty of power with 8 speakers—including an 8-inch subwoofer. Your audio options include streaming music via Bluetooth®-equipped mobile phones, or connecting devices like your smartphone.*Standard on Veloster Value Edition, Turbo and R-Spec.
Music that’s easier to access
Access your music via the standard USB connection or take Pandora® wherever the road takes you. Use your smartphone to access the personalized internet radio service that helps you find new music based on your favorite artists and songs. Take control of your music library with your voice using integrated Gracenote® technology. Gracenote’s voice-recognition technology lets you select music by artist, album, and genre when you connect with your smartphone, and even see album art.
- Air conditioning
- 7-inch high-resolution LCD touchscreen with rearview camera
- Apple CarPlay™ support
- Android Auto™
- Power windows with driver’s auto-down
- 6-way adjustable driver seat
- 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback
- AM/FM/SiriusXM Satellite Radio/CD/MP3 audio system with 6 speakers
- Tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel
- Steering-wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls
- Trip computer and Bluetooth®
- Available BlueLink® Telematics System
- Available automatic temperature control with Auto Defogging System
- Available navigation system with HD Radio™ and Apple Siri® integration
Safety to the extreme
Even our take on safety is extreme. Six airbags, high tensile strength steel, crumple zones, unibody construction, active front head restraints that help reduce the chance of whiplash and a sophisticated Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) system are all standard on Veloster.
Vehicle Stability Management system
The Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) system links Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and Motor-Driven Power Steering (MDPS) to provide stability on roads with reduced traction. VSM can also improve brake performance, boost acceleration or steering force assistance to help you control the vehicle.
Electronic Stability Control
Working in tandem with Electronic Stability Control (ESC), the Traction Control System (TCS) limits power and applies brakes to individual wheels. This reduces the occurrence of wheelspin and routes power to the wheel with the most traction.
Electronic Brake-force Distribution
Enabling the driver to maintain confident control in difficult braking situations, Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) helps balance braking forces at each wheel of the vehicle depending on the weight of the passengers and cargo that the vehicle is carrying.
- Remote keyless entry with alarm
- 6 airbags
- Energy-absorbing steering column
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) system
- 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) with Brake Assist (BA)
- Rearview camera
- Available rear parking sensors
- Available Torque Vectoring Control (TVC)
A powerful reinvention
Along with the bold 3-door design, LED headlight accents and its instantly recognizable aggressive stance, the Turbo includes standard 18-inch alloy wheels, round chrome-tipped dual exhaust, and front fog lights in a fascia that frames the special wide-mouthed grille. Oh, and then there’s the engine.
Veloster turned up to turbo
The Veloster Turbo uses the same GDI technology as Veloster, but combines it with a twin-scroll turbo to give it 201 horsepower and a best-in-class power-to-weight ratio* while still delivering an EPA-estimated 33 MPG Highway.***Claim based on comparison of specifications on manufacturer websites.
*2017 Veloster Base: 27 City/34 Hwy/30 Combined M/T and 28 City/35 Hwy/31 Combined DCT. 2017 Veloster Value Edition: 28 City/35 Hwy/31 Combined DCT. 2017 Veloster Turbo: 25 City/33 Hwy/28 Combined M/T and 26 City/32 Hwy/ 29 Combined DCT. 2017 Veloster Turbo R-Spec: 25 City/33 Hwy/28 Combined M/T. EPA estimates. For comparison only. Your actual mileage may vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits and vehicle's condition.
18-inch alloy wheels and more
Veloster Turbo comes with 18-inch alloy wheels and sport-tuned steering. The larger wheels fill out the wheelwell and combine with the bodykit to give this car a strong sporty stance.
Veloster Turbo interior details
The Veloster Turbo seats feature larger bolsters with Turbo embossing. Contrast stitching accents the seats, head restraints, door armrests, center armrest and steering wheel.
- 201-hp twin-scroll turbocharged 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Available 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT)
- Active Sound Design (ASD)
- Torque Vectoring Control (TVC)
- Dimension® premium audio system with 450 watts and 8 speakers
- Proximity Key entry with push button start
- Leather seating surfaces
- Driver's lumbar support
- Heated front seats
- Sport-tuned steering
- Bodycolor side mirrors with turn-signal indicators
- Rear LED tail lights
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Alloy pedals